“it's my turn now”

     “it's my turn now”

We grew up in a joint family which included my grandparents, parents, and three siblings ( including me). Being around in the strict environment we all were raised up in the protected blanket of our grandfather. During my childhood days, I was not very good in my health, almost in a span every three months l suffered from pneumonia n bronchitis,  taking me to doctors was my grandfather jobs. I have even pee on him while getting my injections. He was always there for me whether in my rough days and left no stone remained in my way to recovery. From giving me medicine to checking my fever mid-night, he took care of me in every possible way. 

Whenever I  asked him why he did so much for us, he often smiled and said “I m taking care of you in your childhood days, you take care of me in my old age

After a span of few years when suffered from Parkinson’s and had two major surgeries of the spine, I remember those words and took complete responsibility for taking him to the washroom, shaving his beard, giving him medicines, and many more. 

My parents often questioned me for taking care of him completely as being a woman. But I always told them “it's my turn now”
I m so blessed that I have been raised by such amazing parents who inculcated such great values in us. 

+Sujit Kumar Lucky

+Angela Saini

+Devesh Sharma

+Mayank Singhania

+Aparna Ray

+shobhit Yadav

+ShKhaled Rose ko

+Ankit Vijay

+Travis Ford

+Durjoy Datta

Comments

Anonymous said…
amazing write up....

Popular Posts