A German lady made me fall in love with INDIA again


 Long weekends are a call for shopping and ending it with a cup of coffee makes the weekend more perfect for me. I was in the streets of Mumbai with my best friend and juggling around the streets of Colaba. 

I hopped into my favorite cafe Leopold, yes the one which was one of the prime locations during the Nov 26/11 Mumbai attacked. The marks of bullets were still visible and trust me thinking about the incident still gives goosebumps. 

I went inside and ordered my most favorite coffee. Sipping down\coffee and gazing around humans is soothing sometimes.   A lady ( foreigner) sitting next to me got my eyes as she was reading one of my favorite books and being an extrovert I could not stop myself acclaiming about the same. 

Well, that was a hit of conversation. I smiled and she initiated the conversation, She was a professor from German and Indian attire suited her the best, she was here for a trip and to deliver lectures in many universities around India. She was in love with my nation and spoke much better Hindi than my South Indian friends 

She told me each thing she loved about it, the way we respect our elders, bow down to our teachers, how we don’t give up on marriages, how we don’t remit our parents to old age homes, the spiritualism, the upbringing, the power to hold and patience. “She made me fall in love with India again” as to how we are as a “nation” full of values, cultures, customs, rituals, etc, and how Germans consider India as their dream nation. I got tears and she got my Heart.

She requested me with the folded hands that we as Indians should never forget what we have and what the world is celebrating about us. How we should not get fascinated towards western things, as most of the time at the fight of open-mindedness we often forget what we possess.

She mentioned to me 100 times that I should be proud that I m born as an Indian and I should celebrate this every day.
Can’t feel more valued when a lady from German made me fall in India once again.

Comments

Popular Posts