It's not our job to play judge and jury



This was a weekend night and I was traveling from my home town to my job destination, after the check-in, formalities, I revolved my eyes in search of empty space, I got my ears and eyes to this girl right opposite to me, she was howling along with shedding tears. I got my seat next to her in the hope that I might make her feel better, initiated the conversation, and here she was narrating her life story. 

I sleep with heavy heart and fatigue, and this wasn’t a story of a day or two but a series of months. Pain killer, isolation, sleeping pills, nothing helped me to cure the situation I was in, at times I felt like drowning, and at another moment I was a feelingless creature whereas people around me were freely breathing. I woke up with courage one morning to face the situation heads on but to my surprise, my thoughts were not in my control they were controlling me instead.

A person can survive anything as long as they have hope in the heart. But depression is so insidious that it's always by your side making it almost impossible to breathe freely. It's like a cage of fog with no keys, I made a promise to myself today for judging less and helping more as now I know how does this feel. We have no clue what battle the other is fighting inside. It's not our job to play judge and jury, to determine who is worthy of our kindness and who is not, we need to be kind unconditionally and without any motive, especially when we ought not to be.

"Getting better from depression demands life long commitments. And I decide to make that commitment" 

Comments

Popular Posts